Table of Contents
- Microsoft Windows Vista or up, 32bit or 64bit (Microsoft .Net 4.5 is required for Windows Vista or Windows 7; sorry, we do not offer a version for Mac OS at the moment)
- An internet connection to download the software
- No admin privileges required for installation!
- Get the latest version of Soley Desk here.
- Pick if you want to download the file in 32-bit or 64-bit (depending on your computer architecture) and click on Download Soley Studio. Your download starts instantly!
- Run the installer file you downloaded (*.msi file) by double clicking on it.
- Follow the installation instructions
- Read and accept the License Agreement
- You can click on “Advanced” to select whether to install Soley Desk for all users of your computer, or just for your account (by default, it’s just for your account).
- Click on “Install” to install Soley Desk.
- Once the installation is done, click on “Finish” and start Soley Desk
Getting and Activating a License
- If you are an academic, non-commercial user please request a license key by e-mailing to email@example.com, stating which product you want to license (Soley Studio/Soley Desk)
- If you are a commercial user please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request a license key.
- We process these e-mails manually, so give us up to one working day to answer. Make sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive an answer within one working day.
1. Online Activation
At the first start of Soley Desk, or if your license has expired, the Manage License Keys dialog will automatically pop up:
- Copy and paste your license key, that you received in the registration e-mail, into the XXXXX field in the dialog.
- Then click on “Activate License Key”.
- Read and accept the License Agreement.
- Your license will automatically be activated (if it is valid). This requires an unrestricted internet connection! See point 2 if you encounter difficulties with the online activation.
- After successful activation click on “OK” in both windows to close the Manage License Keys dialog. You can start using Soley Desk. Find information on how to get started quickly in this article.
2. Difficulties with the Online Activation? Try Offline Activation!
If you are connected to the internet but are experiencing difficulties with the online activation, this is most likely due to a firewall setting. If you cannot change your firewall settings, you will need to e-mail (or call) us so we can activate your license.
- Go through the online activation process described above.
- If the process fails, the offline activation dialog will appear:
- Choose to send us an e-mail directly (requires a configured e-mail client) by clicking on “Activate via Email”.
You can also copy the license activation information to the clipboard and paste it in an e-mail to email@example.com by clicking on “Send Email Manually”.
- We will react to this email as soon as possible during our office hours (Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm CET).
If you followed all the steps above but are experiencing difficulties with your download, installation or activation, please contact us by submitting a support ticket and we will work it out with you.
THANK YOU for using Soley software!